Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Maybe if they were in Sanskrit...

On the bus, somewhere between New Glasgow and Antigonish:

Acadian Kid: Hey man, you want a newspaper?
Bored Twentysomething: Sure, what have you got?
AK: Man, I've got the Chronicle and the Metro.
BT: Thanks.

Several minutes pass

BT: Hey, you want this back?
AK: No, man, I'm too busy reading letters from girls.
BT: quizzical look
AK: You know how to get girls, man?
BT: uh...no.
AK: You write them notes. Chicks love notes. Can't get enough of them.
BT: Huh.
AK: You know what else girls love? You know the other way to get chicks?
BT: ...no?
AK: Baby pictures, man. Show 'em baby pictures.
BT: Do you just carry them around with you, then?
AK: If I'm going away for a while. Like, I was just away for 5 months, so I brought a stack of baby pictures with me.
BT: (stifling laughter) So, did they work?
AK: Man, are you kidding? Look at all these notes I got!

No comments: